Regarding Open Day

Japheth
Site Admin

Regarding Open Day

Postby Japheth » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:34 am

Hi everyone,

Probably not what you wanted to be seeing in the announcement news today but I have decided to postpone the opening from this weekend to next weekend. While I am pretty sure I will achieve what I have remaining on my list by the end of the weekend at least, it wouldn't be especially polished at that point. Adding to that, I am going to be out of town for work for the first couple of days next week so would not likely be able to support the game if anything went down.

As the vast majority of any instability and bugs are likely to occur around release time and then peter off, I decided it's in everyone's best interest that I delay a couple of days. I know you're all excited but I think it will be better for everyone if release goes as smoothly as possible. You have all made some pretty damned interesting characters and they deserve a chance to thrive from day one and not be drowned out in a wave of crashes or killed off by buggy unbalanced combat.

Unless I make a great deal more progress than I was expecting to over the next few days, the most likely release date is most likely the 9th of May. I will keep you all updated.

In the meantime feel free to hang out in the guest lounge and familiarise yourself with some of the common commands in the FutureMUD engine.